Junior Fire Department
If your between 12 and 18 years of age and have always wanted to find out what it takes to become a firefighter, we would like to help you achieve that goal.
As a Junior firefighter, you will be part of a team that will watch out for your safety at all times. Except for live fires and attendance at daily fire calls, you will be expected to perform all of the duties of a regular Firefighter.
Becoming a Junior Firefighter will include (but not limited to):
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Having the physical ability to perform manual labour and physical difficult tasks in diverse situations
- Performing tasks associated with firefighting i.e. climbing ladders, training, meetings, remaining in the public eye.
- Training with live fire, identifying hazardous conditions and using a vast array of fire fighting equipment.
- Maintaining self-discipline and professionalism while in the public’s eye.
- Be willing to take part in ongoing training with an ever-changing learning curve.
- Sports, fundraising and social functions.
The benefits of becoming a member of the Bridgewater Junior Fire Department are many, although not monetary, we will help to provide you with life skills to help you in your day to day activities. One of the reasons to become a member is the social aspect. It is like gaining 50 new family members all at once.
If you think you have the right stuff to become a Junior Member, give us a call or click here to print an Application Package.